There are 2 main control board configurations:
- ViOb (Basic) Package – includes ViO basic firmware and API library. ViOb firmware source code is provided to the user as a base code for application development. It comes with an API library for low level driver setup and configuration. This helps to shorten the development time as the user does not required to be familiar with the low level driver definitions.
- ViOe (Enhanced) – includes ViOe firmware and ViO IDE software. ViO IDE is a development tools for user to develop their embedded control application, no coding is required. For more advanced user, embedded flow control can be developed with Flow Control Language (FCL) scripting.
Key features of ViOe firmware includes,
- Gcode protocol support for stepper motor control
- FCL scripting support
- *Open and close loop power control support.
- *Up to 2 control loops with each Power Control Daughter Board.
Flow Control Language (FCL) is a very light script language designed specially for ViOe. The FCL engine is part of the ViOe firmware which is pre-programmed into the main board in the factory.
A FCL workflow can be designed, precompiled and saved into ViO non-volatile memory through ViO IDE and then executed by the FCL engine independently with or without a host controller. More information is available in the User manual.